With more than 300,000 registered users, Protégé is by far the most widely used ontology editing environment in the world. The Protégé Short Course offers a 3-day intensive training in use of the Protégé toolset, ontology development, and OWL.
We cover best practices in ontology building and the latest Semantic Web technologies, including OWL 2, RDF, SPARQL, and SWRL. The course includes lots of hands-on activities and we allow plenty of time for interaction with the instructors. We allocate time daily for you to work on your own projects, and to ask the Protégé team for advice and feedback. All instructors are Protégé staff members, so you will learn directly from the creators of the toolset.
Who Should Attend
Target audience members are everyone from complete beginners to intermediate users of Protégé Desktop or WebProtégé. No prior experience with the Protégé toolset and/or ontology development is required.
New course offerings are advertised in a banner at the top of our website. Alternative ways to be notified of upcoming offerings include following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook, and/or subscribing to the protege-announce mailing list (low-traffic, announcement-only).
Questions? Please contact the course organizers.
- Steps in the ontology development process
- Semantic Web technologies, e.g., OWL, RDF, SPARQL, SWRL
- OWL 2 language, reasoning, and querying
- Ontology-driven application development
- Collaborative ontology development
- Lessons learned in real world projects
- Learn to avoid common ontology development pitfalls
- Hands-on use of the Protégé toolset
- Practice new skills with optional modeling assignments
- Direct interaction with the Protégé team
- Network with fellow Protégé users
- Explore the beautiful Stanford campus!
What attendees are saying