Protégé 1.6 Release Notes
Release date: October 16, 2001
Download URL: no longer available for download
- Linux and Solaris installation is now more reliable.
- JDK 1.3 is included in the "with VM" versions of all downloads.
- Mac OS X is now partially supported. The installation appears to work
fine but the resulting application cannot be started by double-clicking.
It must then be started from the unix command line. We hope that
this problem will be addressed shortly by the company providing the
installation software. When it is we will update the release.
- You can now create annotations which are attached to a frame. You create
an annotation by clicking on the yellow "C" button at the top of each form.
Annotations are displayed as "yellow stickies" on the form. They can
be used to capture design information or just to make notes about a
frame for future reference.
- The customization of a form for a class is now inherited by the form for each subclass.
- You can now create and override your own facets on a slot. You do this by
adding a template slot to a subclass of :STANDARD-SLOT.
- We have updated the RDF backend so that it supports all the new features.
In addition, you can now save PAL constraints with this backend.
- There is a custom editor for entering PAL constraints. It provides
assistance with PAL syntax and information on available predicates,
functions, and their arguments.
- The system can now automatically record such things as author
and creation/modification times for frames and slot values. This recording
can be enabled for the instances of a class by attaching one or more
of the slots :CREATOR, :CREATION-DATE, :MODIFIER, :MODIFICATION-DATE
to the class.
- We changed the implementation of a number of widgets and components to
make them easier to modify and extend
- We instrumented the knowledge base API to check the arguments for all methods
before performing any action. This should make it easier to debug protege
plugins. Method calls with invalid parameters now throw exceptions.