Next: RDF(s) Database
Up: Installation of Prerequisite Software
Previous: Java Development Kit
Home: The RDF(s)-DB Protégé Plugin Home
- Download Tomcat version 5.0.25 from http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/.
- Tomcat does not provide an installation program; it runs from wherever you choose to copy the
files and directories.Create a directory (E.g. Tomcat) and Unzip the file.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the SDK location.
- Set the CATALINA_HOME environment variable to point to the Tomcat location.
- To test Tomcat, start server by going to the command prompt and move into your Tomcat installation directory. Change into the bin directory and type startup.
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost:8080/.If you see welcome page , it means you've setup Tomcat successfully.
Please see the documentation bundle for Tomcat available at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/.
Make sure you don't change the Tomcat port (it should say 8080).