Protégé RDF(s)-DB Backend Plugin
This plugin allows users to store and load ontology and instance data from a Sesame
repository. It is written on top of the current RDF Plugin
for a screenshot of the plugin's configuration utility.
The current version can be found here
. It includes the sources.
Last updated: November 08, 2004
The current version of the documentation for the plugin may be found here
. The source code is also marginally commented.
Level of Support
Not under active development but we will answer questions as time permits.
There are several features to add and bugs to subtract.
- This plugin is currently incompatible with the RDF (text file) plugin. This is mostly because of a namespace issue. There is also a smaller temp-file issue. Any fixes would be appreciated. Do not install both plugins at the same time as of now.
- Naming - repository and database names are currently a function of the pprj address. This may lead to clashes.
- Support for other databases - currently tested only with MySQL and Postgres.
- Connection management - currently open and close a connection for each transaction - very slow.
- Robustness - most methods are a little too lenient of inputs.
- Source code - may have redundant features used in the RDF plugin, but not in the RDF(s)-DB plugin.
- Multi-user support in the future - would require a change in the architecture.
- Others ...
The following links are directly related to the plugin.